MILPER Number: 17-244
Deputy Commander For Administration (DCA) Selection And Slating Process For Calendar Year (CY) 2018 Positions
B. AR 614-30 (Overseas Service), 27 January 2015.
C. AR 614-100 (Officer Assignment Policies, Details and Transfers), 10 January 2006.
D. DA Pamphlet 600-4 (Army Medical Department Officer Development and Career Management), 27 June 2007.
1. This MILPER message will expire not later than (NLT) 12 July 2018.
2. The DCA selection panel will convene on 24 October 2017 to select the best qualified officers to serve in DCA positions beginning CY 2018.
3. Officers desiring to serve as a DCA will compete in two categories: Senior Nominative Command (SNC) Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) (COL/LTC) and all others (LTC/MAJ).
a. SNC-MTF: The ideal candidate should possess a graduate degree accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) or the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and has successfully served as an MTF commander, DCA, or Regional Medical Command (RMC) chief of staff.
b. All Others-MTF: The ideal candidate should possess a graduate degree accredited by the CAHMR or AACSB, and has successfully served as a healthcare administrator or commensurate administrative position in an MTF or Dental Activity (DENTAC).
a. Must be a Medical Service (MS) or Army Medical Specialist (SP) Corps officer.
(1) All MS officers designated within area of concentration (AOC) 70A (Health Care Administrator) who have completed or will complete any utilization tour associated with their qualifying degree (i.e., 24 months post Baylor residency or qualifying graduate degree) on or before the selection panel convenes on 24 October 2017 will be automatically considered for DCA selection.
(2) Eligible MS officers designated within AOC 70A who do not want to be considered for this panel must submit their request for removal from consideration via email to the 70A Assignment Officer within MS Branch, HRC (LTC Annette Carter, email@example.com), on or before 1 October 2017.
(3) All other interested MS officers (those not designated within AOC 70A) who meet the remaining eligibility criteria must request to be considered for DCA selection by submitting their request via email using the form available at the following URL to the AOC 70A Assignment Officer (LTC Annette Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 1 October 2017: https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Welcome%20to%20the%20Medical%20Service%20Corps%20Branch.
(4) Any interested SP officers who meet the remaining eligibility criteria must request to be considered for DCA selection by submitting their request via email using the form available at the following URL to the AOC 70A Assignment Officer (LTC Annette Carter, email@example.com) on or before 01 October 2017: https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Welcome%20to%20the%20Medical%20Service%20Corps%20Branch.
b. Grade: Must hold or be promotable to the following grades: COL, LTC, or MAJ.
c. Military Education Level: Must be an Intermediate Level Education (ILE) graduate or must be currently enrolled/scheduled for ILE and will graduate NLT 30 June 2018.
d. Standing: Must be in good standing and not under suspension of favorable personnel actions in accordance with AR 600-8-2.
e. Time on Station (TOS):
(1) If assigned within the Continental United States (CONUS), must be able to serve at least 24 months’ TOS prior to 30 July 2018; or
(2) If assigned within the CONUS, must be eligible for reassignment at no cost to the government (i.e., able to move within same geographical location); or
(3) If assigned Outside CONUS, must be able to complete the overseas prescribed tour on or before 30 July 2018.
f. Must not have an approved retirement.
g. Must not have a projected mandatory retirement date earlier than 31 December 2020.
a. The slating process will begin immediately after adjournment of the DCA selection panel.
b. All officers being considered for DCA selection must submit via email their rank ordered preferences to the 70A AO (LTC Annette Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 1 October 2017.
6. Evaluations. Complete-the-record evaluations are not authorized for this panel.
7. Tour length:
a. Officers assigned to a CONUS DCA assignment will serve two years.
b. Officers assigned to an OCONUS DCA position will serve the prescribed overseas tour.
8. Projected CY 2018 vacancies:
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA
Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
b. All Other-MTFs:
Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Fort Campbell, KY
Dilorenzo Army Health Center, Pentagon, Washington DC
General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Guthrie Army Health Center, Fort Drum, NY
Keller Army Community Hospital, West Point, NY
Lyster Army Community Hospital, Fort Rucker, AL
Martin Army Community Hospital, Fort Benning, GA
McDonald Army Health Center, Fort Eustis, VA
Moncrief Army Community Hospital, Fort Jackson, SC
Munson Army Health Center, Fort Leavenworth, KS
Rader Army Health Center, Fort Myer, MD
SHAPE Army Health Clinic, Shape, Belgium
US Army Health Clinic Presidio Monterey, CA
US Army Health Clinic-Schofield Barracks, HI
Weed Army Community Hospital, Fort Irwin, CA
Winn Army Community Hospital, Fort Stewart, GA