MILPER Number: 17-234
Amendment to MILPER Message 17-123 Calendar Year (CY) 2018 United States Army Reserve (USAR) Colonel (COL) Active Guard Reserve (AGR) and Troop Program Unit (TPU) Command Selection Board Announcement
B. AR 135-175 (Army National Guard and Army Reserve Separation of Officers), 28 Feb 87 (RAR 4 Aug 11).
C. AR 140-10 (Army Reserve Assignments, Attachments, Details and Transfers), 15 Aug 05.
D. AR 600-8-24 (Officer Transfers and Discharges), 12 Apr 06.
E. AR 600-8-29 (Officer Promotions), 25 Feb 05.
F. AR 600-8-104 (Army Military Human Resources Records Management), 7 Apr 14.
G. AR 600-20 (Army Command Policy), 6 Nov 14.
H. AR 608-75 (Exceptional Family Member Program), 27 Jan 17.
I. AR 623-3 (Evaluation Reporting System), 4 Nov 15.
J. AR 640-30 (Photographs for Military Human Resource Records), 29 Mar 17.
K. DA PAM 600-3 (Officer Professional Development and Career Management), 25 Jun 17.
L. DA PAM 600-4 (Army Medical Department Officer Development and Career Management), 27 Jun 07.
M. Army Directive 2016-29 (Convening Authority for All U.S. Army Reserve Colonel and Lieutenant Colonel Command Boards (Army Promotion List and Army Medical Department)), 21 Jul 16.
N. Memorandum, HQDA G-1, DAPE-MPO-S, 4 Feb 08, subject: Personnel Suitability Screening Policy.
O. Memorandum, OCAR, DAAR-HR, 9 Feb 17, subject: US Army Reserve (USAR) Colonel (COL) and Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Command Board Cycle.
P. Memorandum, OCAR, DAAR-HR, 20 Apr 16, subject: Army Reserve (USAR) Inactive Duty Training Travel Reimbursement Program Policy (IDT-TRP).
Q. Memorandum, OCAR, DAAR-HR, 9 Sep 15, subject: Policy for Declination, Deferment, Curtailment, and Extension of Colonel (COL) and Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Command Assignment.
R. MILPER Message Number 17-123, AHRC-OPM-C, 7 Apr 17, subject: (Calendar Year (CY) 2018 United States Army Reserve (USAR) Colonel (COL) Active Guard Reserve (AGR) and Troop Program Unit (TPU) Command Selection Board Announcement).
1. This MILPER message will expire NLT 1 Jul 18.
2. MILPER Message 17-123 Calendar Year (CY) 2018 United States Army Reserve (USAR) Colonel (COL) Active Guard Reserve (AGR) and Troop Program Unit (TPU) Command Selection Board Announcement is amended as follows:
a. Paragraph 2 is amended as follows: A HQDA selection board will convene on 9 Aug 17 to consider eligible USAR COLs and promotable LTCs for assignment to CY18 USAR COL command positions other than Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) and Judge Advocate General (JA) command positions.
b. Paragraph 7.a. is amended as follows:
7.a. AGR COLs with a date of rank of 1 Jan 14 or later and promotable LTCs.
3. Points of contact for this message are:
a. HRC USAR Command Program Manager, (AHRC-OPM-C), LTC Maria I. Emery, 502-613-6162 DSN 983-6162, email: email@example.com.
b. POC for board consideration file/eligibility questions/ /application:
(1) Senior Leader Development Office (DAAR-SL): firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) AGR officers should contact the applicable assignment officer, (AHRC-ROD): https://www.hrc.army.mil/opmd/agr%20army%20reserve%20officer%20division%20landing%20page
(3) TPU officers should contact the applicable career manager, (DAAR-CD):
(4) IMA and IRR officers should contact the HRC IRR/IMA Management Team, (AHRC-ROD-I): https://www.hrc.army.mil/opmd/arod%20ima%20and%20irr%20branch.
(5) AMEDD officers (all AMEDD branches) should contact the AMEDD Officer Reserve Management Branch, (AHRC-OPH-R), at (502) 613-6525, DSN: 983-6525, email: email@example.com.
(6) Judge Advocate General (JA) officers should contact the Office of the Judge Advocate General, Commercial (703) 545-2881.
c. POC for OER procedural matters, Evaluations Branch – Policy, (AHRC-PDV-EP), DSN 983-9019, Commercial (502) 613-9019, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. POC for AMHRR/IPERMS is the Army Soldier Records Branch, (HRC-PDR-R): Commercial (502) 613-9990, press 2, DSN 983-9990, press 2 or e-mail: email@example.com. Do not send AMHRR update documents to this email; follow the procedures in MILPER Message Number 17-123, paragraph 10. For additional information refer to the following website: https://www.hrc.army.mil/tagd/updating%20board%20documents.