MILPER Number: 17-200
Immediate Reenlistment Prohibition (IMREPR) Code 8G and Semi-Centralized Promotions
B. AR 601-280 (Army Retention Program), 1 April 2016.
1. This message will expire no later than 1 January 2018 or when superseded.
2. This message applies to Active Army Soldiers.
3. Beginning May 2017, Soldiers may erroneously be removed from the promotion recommended list (PRL) through the Promotion Point Worksheet (PPW) due to unprogrammed coding associated with the new immediate reenlistment prohibition (IMREPR) code 8G (Grade – Due to reduction/removal from promotion standing list). Soldiers (Specialists (SPC) and Sergeants (SGT)) with IMREPR code 8G are eligible to be recommended and considered for promotion to sergeant and staff sergeant provided they are otherwise fully qualified.
4. Units must take immediate action if Soldiers are removed from the PRL due to IMREPR code 8G. If a Soldier would have met the Headquarters Department of the Army cutoff score for their military occupational specialty (MOS), units may submit an administrative records correction in accordance with reference A above on behalf of the Soldier to the below email.
5. Point of contact for this message is HRC, Junior Enlisted Promotions, AHRC-PDV-PE, 502-613-9013, DSN 983-9013, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.