MILPER Number: 17-175
***REVOKED*** Campaign Participation Credit and Campaign Streamers for Operation Inherent Resolve
B. AR 600-8-22 (Military Awards), 25 Jun 15.
C. AR 840-10 (Flags, Guidons, Streamers, Tabards, and Automobile and Aircraft Plates), 2 Sep 16.
D. AR 870-5 (Military History: Responsibilities, Policies, and Procedures), 21 Sep 07.
1. This message will expire on 6 Jun 18.
2. On 5 Dec 16, the Secretary of the Army authorized award of campaign participation credit (CPC) and campaign streamers to eligible U.S. Army units that served in the Operation INHERENT RESOLVE (OIR) theater of operation. The OIR theater of operation encompasses the land areas of the countries of Iraq and Syria, the contiguous waters of each extending out to 12 nautical miles, and the airspace above the land and contiguous waters.
3. Currently, two campaign phases are approved for OIR. Of these two campaign phases, one (Abeyance, 15 Jun 14 – 24 Nov 15) is closed, and one (Intensification, 25 Nov 15 – TBD) is ongoing.
4. In May 2017, the Institute of Heraldry approved the streamer for the closed campaign phase (Abeyance, 15 Jun 14 – 24 Nov 15). The streamer for the ongoing campaign phase (Intensification, 25 Nov 15 – TBD), and streamers for any future campaign phases, will be designed and made available only after an end date is determined and the campaign phases are closed.
5. Units that served during the closed campaign phase (Abeyance, 15 Jun 14 – 24 Nov 15) may immediately request CPC and the streamer for the closed Abeyance campaign phase.
6. Units that served or are currently serving in the ongoing campaign phase (Intensification, 25 Nov 15 – TBD) may apply for CPC and will receive CPC and streamers for the ongoing Intensification campaign phase at a later date to be determined after the campaign phase is closed. If additional campaign phases are named, new streamers will be made available as necessary.
7. AR 600-8-22, paragraph 7-3, provides instructions on how to request CPC and the new streamer. Templates for required documents can be found on the Human Resources Command Awards and Decorations Branch home page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Awards%20and%20Decorations%20Branch. Requests for CPC and OIR Abeyance campaign streamers will be forwarded by e-mail to email@example.com.
8. For clarification or questions regarding this action, contact the Awards and Decorations Branch, AHRC-PDP-A, 502-613-9126, 983-9126 (DSN), or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.