MILPER Number: 17-163
Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program Suspension
B. AR 635-5-1 (Separation Program Designator (SPD) Codes), 10 Dec 07, (Rapid Action Revision (RAR) 001, 4 Aug 11).
C. AR 635-200 (Active Duty Enlisted Administrative Separations), 19 Dec 16.
D. Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 1332.14, 27 Jan 14, subject: Enlisted Administrative Separations.
E. ASA (M&RA) Policy Memorandum, 17 Nov 14, subject: Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program.
F. ALARACT Message 106/2016, 16 Dec 16, subject: Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program.
G. ALARACT Message 037/2017, 11 May 17, subject: Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program.
H. MILPER Message 17-021, AHRC-EPF-M, subject: Enlisted Voluntary Early Separation Program, 18 Jan 17.
I. MILPER Message 16-262, AHRC-EPF-R, subject: Regular Army Precision Retention, 15 Sep 16.
J. Title 10 U.S. Code 1171, Regular Enlisted Members: Early Discharge.
K. Title 10 U.S. Code 1174, Separation Pay upon Involuntary Discharge or Release from Active Duty.
L. Title 37 U.S. Code 307, Special Pay: Special Duty Assignment Pay for Enlisted Members.
1. This message will expire no later than one year from date of issue.
2. As part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2012, Congress amended 10 USC Section 1171 (Ref J) authorizing an early discharge of Regular Army enlisted Soldiers up to 12 months under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the Army without impact to any right, privilege, or benefit that a member would have had if the member had completed the enlistment or extended enlistment, except that the member is not entitled to pay and allowances for periods not served. The Army implemented the above authority on a voluntary basis on 1 January 2014.
3. ALARACT Message 037/2017 announced the Army’s suspension of this temporary program effective 1 June 2017. Requests not approved by 1 June 2017 will be disapproved. Soldiers with requests that are approved prior to 1 June 2017 will continue to out-process and separate on their adjusted expiration term of service (ETS) date.
4. MILPER Message 17-021 is rescinded effective 1 June 2017.
5. Point of contact for this message is the Enlisted Retirements and Separations Section (AHRC-EPF-M), (502) 613-6732 (DSN 983), firstname.lastname@example.org.