Improving Military Pay Audit Readiness and Records Accuracy
A. AR 600-8-104 (Army Military Human Resource Record Management), 7 Apr 14.
B. DA PAM 600-8-104 (Army Military Human Resource Record Management), 12 Feb 15.
C. Electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO) Field Users Guide, https://emilpo.ahrs.army.mil.
D. Record Review “How To” Guide, Key Supporting Documents List, and List of All Documents Required for Filing in iPERMS, https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Conducting%20Personnel%20and%20Finance%20Record%20Reviews.
1. This message will expire upon publication of DA PAM 600-8-104.
2. This message announces procedures in support of Army Audit Readiness for all supporting Record Managers. Record Managers include S-1s, Unit Administrators (UAs), and Installation Military Personnel Divisions (MPD) for non-PSDR units.
3. Recent military pay audits revealed that key supporting documents that justify pay entitlements are not being filed in the interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS). Key supporting documents must be placed in iPERMS after Personnel Records Reviews (PRR) and Finance Records Reviews (FRR) or when actions that change or update a Soldier’s status or financial entitlement associated with the key supporting documents are completed.
4. Every Soldier will complete a Personnel and Finance Records Review during in-processing to a new duty station, annually thereafter, and prior to separation from the Army. The immediate focus for reviews is adding documents to iPERMS that directly support Basic Pay and Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). Reviews will be conducted with the Soldier’s respective Record Manager.
5. Record Managers will coordinate with their chain of command to ensure compliance. Record Managers must ensure that all documents identified as temporarily missing from the Army Military Human Resource Record (AMHRR) as part of the PRR/FRR are subsequently located and submitted for inclusion into the AMHRR in order to properly sign and close out the review process. Commanders and Record Managers are responsible for establishing local procedures to ensure that the records review process is not closed prematurely with incomplete files.
6. The FRR must be completed using the most recent Leave and Earning Statement (LES) and Key Supporting Document (KSD) list.
7. The PRR must be completed using a current copy of the Soldier’s Record Brief.
8. The immediate focus for Record Managers is to add documents to iPERMS that directly support Basic Pay and BAH. Therefore, Record Managers and Soldiers must immediately ensure the following documents are in iPERMS.
a. Enlistment/Re-enlistment Contracts (to include commissioning documents).
b. DA Form 71 (Oath of Office).
c. Dependent Birth Certificates (children only).
d. Marriage License.
e. Latest assignment or PCS Order.
f. All Promotion Orders (DA Form 4187 for advancement to E-4 and below).
g. DA Form 5960 (Recertification of Basic Allowance for Housing).
h. Divorce Decree with any court documents granting dependency.
9. Details on the KSD list, Record Review “How To” guide, and a list of all documents required for filing in iPERMS may be found at the following web page: https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Conducting%20Personnel%20and%20Finance%20Record%20Reviews.
10. iPERMS Access:
a. For Active Army and Reserve Records, refer to: https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/IPERMS%20Access.
b. For National Guard iPERMS Access, submit requests to: the appropriate State iPERMS Domain Managers.
11. Functional Proponents:
a. Army Personnel Records Division, The Adjutant General Directorate (TAGD), (AHRC-PDR), Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402, 502-613-8999, DSN 983-8999, Active and Reserve Components.
b. National Guard Bureau (ARNG-HRP-R), 111 S. George Mason Drive, Arlington, VA 22554, 703-607-7512.
12. Points of contact for this message are:
a. Army Personnel Records Division, TAGD (AHRC-PDR), Policy Proponent at 502-613-8999, DSN 983-8999.
b. eMILPO Branch, Field Services Division, TAGD (AHRC-PDF-E), email@example.com.
c. LTC Christine V. Enriquez, Chief, Integration and Readiness Branch, Field Services Division, TAGD (AHRC-PDF-I), 502-613-8094, DSN 983-8094, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.