Release of the Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) Active Component (AC) Captain (CPT), Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAGC) Selective Continuation (SELCON) Board
A. MILPER Message 17-036, 1 Feb 17, subject: Fiscal Year 2017 (FY17) Captain (CPT), Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAGC) Selective Continuation (SELCON) Board.
B. MILPER Message Number 15-343, 29 Oct 15, subject: Preposition Promotion Selection Results (Officer and Enlisted) in Electronic Total Officer Personnel Management Information System (eTOPMIS).
1. This message expires no later than 6 Apr 18.
2. This message announces the release of the results for the FY17, CPT, JAGC, SELCON Board.
3. The SELCON Board results will be posted to eTOPMIS on 11 Apr 17. Officer Records Workcenters should screen the list and identify those officers selected in their command. All selectees will receive email notification from the Human Resources Command, Retirements/Separations Branch.
4. In accordance with FY17 CPT, JAGC SELCON Board memorandum of instruction Annex C, “continuation for captains who are more than two years from qualifying for retirement will be for three years from the date the officer would otherwise have been separated for having twice failed to be selected for promotion, or until the last day of the month in which the officer first becomes eligible for retirement under any provision of law, whichever is earlier”. Therefore, officers who exceed 20 years of Active Federal Service, are retirement eligible, or are pending separation, are not eligible for SELCON. Officers selected for selective continuation will receive email notification from the Human Resources Command, Retirements/Separations Branch. Officers who were recommended for SELCON but who are retirement eligible on or before 30 JUN 19 will not receive SELCON notification.
5. Links and requirements for preposition access are available in Reference B: MOU, Authorization Access Form and valid ETOPMIS account.
6. The Point of Contact at this Headquarters is Officer Promotions, AHRC-PDV-PO, at either DSN 983-9009, commercial (502) 613-9009, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.