FY16 Prerequisites for Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve Active Guard Reserve (USAR-AGR) Soldiers to attend the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Course (USASMC)
A. FY16 Regular Army (RA) U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy (USASMA) Training Selection List, 6 Dec 16.
B. AR 135-200 (Active Duty for Missions, Projects, and Training for Reserve Component Soldiers), 30 Jun 99.
C. AR 350-1 (Army Training and Leader Development), 19 Aug 14.
D. AR 600-8-2 (Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions (FLAG)), 11 May 16.
E. AR 600-8-19 (Enlisted Promotions and Reductions), 14 Sep 16.
F. AR 601-280 (Army Retention Program), 1 Apr 16.
G. AR 608-75 (Exceptional Family Member Program), 27 Jan 17.
H. AR 614-30 (Overseas Service), 22 Dec 16.
I. AR 614-200 (Enlisted Assignments and Utilization Management), 26 Feb 09 (Rapid Action Revision (RAR), 11 Oct 11).
J. AR 635-200 (Active Duty Enlisted Administrative Separations), 19 Dec 16.
K. HQDA (DAPE-MPO-S) Memorandum, Personnel Suitability Screening Policy, 4 Feb 08.
L. ALARACT Message 097/2016, 4 Nov 16, subject: Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA), and Cost of Living (COLA) Secretarial Waiver Guidance.
M. MILPER Message Number 16-012, subject: FY15 Prerequisites for Active Army (AA) and U.S. Army Reserve-Active Guard Reserve (USAR-AGR) Soldiers to Attend the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Course (USASMC).
N. MILPER Message Number 16-130, subject: FY16 Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve Active Guard Reserve (USAR-AGR) SGM Training and Selection Board Announcement Message.
1. This message will expire no later than 22 Mar 18, or when superseded or rescinded.
2. This message supersedes MILPER Message 16-012.
3. This message announces the release of the prerequisites for Sergeants Major Course (SMC) Class 68 and the reporting requirements for RA and USAR-AGR Soldiers selected to attend.
4. The official prerequisites and reporting requirements for SMC 68 are posted on the U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC), Military Schools Branch website: https://www.hrc.army.mil/enlisted/enlisted%20Military%20Schools%20Branch.
5. Reassignment work centers are advised not to issue PCS orders until Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS) reflects a confirmed training seat reservation for SMC attendance.
6. Questions related to SMC 68 will be directed as follows:
a. RA at (502) 613-5526 (DSN 983).
b. USAR-AGR at (502) 613-5528 (DSN 983).